Vision and Purpose
Springboard Bath is a facilitating movement for churches and Christians in Bath with the main aim of building the 'church into the community' through networking.
Under the lordship of Jesus and following His direct example of practical compassion - it aims to bring societal and institutional change through enabling, equiping, communicating, encouragement, gathering of resources/connections, training and praying for Christians in the city wanting to bring church into the community.
This means demonstrating the outworking of Jesus care for the community via the outworking of practical projects.
We believe that unifying the churches in the city with cross-church, post-denominational links to affect the space between churches where normal, everyday people live, is a powerful, crucial witness for the city. And brings about a simple message of Christ's love.
We want to be a catalyst for societal and institutional change through social action - just as Jesus demonstrated through practical care within the community.
Post-denominational in our outlook, this space is for Christians with 'outreach' initiatives and ideas, inspired by the Holy Spirit to engage with the general public. We don't want to promote church in the community, we want to be it.
With your help we can:-
- Encourage churches city-wide to work together
- Make the church an increasingly integral part of the city and of our local communities
- See God's principles of righteousness affect every part of the city and see every area impacted by Christ
- See Christianity and the church become the heart of local communities
- Create a relevant multi-church movement powerfully affecting everyday life